GENSANarium will be on hiatus for the next two years or so. For the mean time, posts subtitled as SIDE TRIPS will be featured which highlight other places and events in the Philippines. Enjoy! - Admin, 2/10/14

Monday, November 14, 2011

Through the Flood



What you see is not a natural lake or river. It is a turbulent flood that I must cross this afternoon.

Well, I was out this noon to have lunch with some friends. The weather was gloomy and light showers poured from time to time. It was around two in the afternoon when I travelled back to my office. And to my shock, the way to work was extremely flooded. A wild “river” had formed and its raging waves could devour anyone who passes. Doubtful that I could go through the flood, I stayed for awhile at the nearby building.

Only around half past three that I decided to give it a try. I traced my way and the “pool” had subsided when I arrived. Still, the slippery way and the uncertain terrain gave me seconds thoughts. But my students were already waiting in the classroom. So summoning all my guts and strength, and praying for mercy, I set my motorcycle to first gear and with all might, crossed the dark water. My heart was on my mouth during all that time. Water splashed all around me. Only when I traveled a good distance that I caught my breath and sighed. I made it! I made it through this enormous flood…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...