GENSANarium will be on hiatus for the next two years or so. For the mean time, posts subtitled as SIDE TRIPS will be featured which highlight other places and events in the Philippines. Enjoy! - Admin, 2/10/14

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Kabacan Terminal Complex



Finally, the municipality of Kabacan, Cotabato, has a decent bus terminal. I would really have to express how pleased and proud I am that it lastly has clean terminal where weary travelers can sit, relax, and eat meals comfortably.

So what is the reason behind my joy?  What is the original terminal like?


Well, with all due respect to the people of the area, Kabacan’s old terminal (I am referring to the Weena Express terminal at Aglipay St.) is really unpleasant. It is situated right inside the market area. There are many vendors and stores around, tractors, and animals. The roads are also very narrow that the buses seem to scrape the building walls. There are no good seats in the waiting shed, except for the long rows of metal pipe (where seats were once attached) which offer a distressing comfort to tired legs. Kabacan is a warm and humid climate, so from time to time, the weather is too hot and sometimes, it is too wet. When it is hot and dry, you can really feel the heat rising from the broken roads. When it is cold and rainy, the holes and puddles would be filled with mud and dirt. The situations are not different at the other separate terminals, including the Van terminal at Quirino St. and Rural Bus Tour along the National Highway.

For several months now, I have been coming back and forth to the municipality to pursue my master’s degree at a famous agricultural university there. And it is really frustrating to wait for the bus at the old terminal. So last October, after enrolling for the coming semester, I was surprised that the tricycle driver took me to a much distant place. After around ten minutes, I was brought to a large and clean bus terminal. My eyes widened and instantly traced the letters K-A-B-A-C-A-N-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-L-C-O-M-P-L-EX printed on the huge wall.

Yehey! My heart was cheering then. Finally….. Every Saturday thereafter, despite the additional fare (from P7.00 to P10.00), I always ask to be brought to the new terminal. It is very grand, peaceful, organized, clean and really beautiful.




The Kabacan Terminal Complex is at Barangay Kayaga. From what I heard, it was still last August that the terminal was operational. The cost is around P43 million. I don’t know if the cost is too high for a relatively large terminal. Whichever, the officials of the municipality has done one great job in putting that up. Now, travelers would have more reasons to be satisfied and happy with their Kabacan experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...