GENSANarium will be on hiatus for the next two years or so. For the mean time, posts subtitled as SIDE TRIPS will be featured which highlight other places and events in the Philippines. Enjoy! - Admin, 2/10/14

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Rush



There are two nights more before Christmas Eve, and three days more before Christmas Day. But I can’t wait until the 24th to do our shopping since the stores would be very overcrowded that day. So I deemed the best time to shop would be today.

At half past two, I signed out and left the office. My mom was already waiting at home, and immediately after I arrived, we headed off to the most frequented mall here in General Santos City – the KCC Mall of Gensan.

Wow, I underestimated the crowd because multitudes of people were already flocking inside the mall. It took me a half hour to withdraw some cash, some ten minutes lining up for the entrance (the guards were serious in checking up the incoming people), some twenty minutes changing my overload check, and another twenty paying up some bills. That much time has already been used… And we have not yet done our shopping!!! 


So hurriedly, we shopped for our gifts for the kids. Sales were everywhere, some at half the price. Clothes, kitchen items, appliances, gadgets, almost anything on sight have their prices cut… Afterwards, we proceeded to the supermarket. Another big WOW!



There were no shopping carts left. Thankfully, I found an empty one near the cashier when I searched around. It was a very painstaking task completing our grocery lists. People were bustling while carts were bumping. Aisles were filled while shelves were almost left bare. Items were running out of stock, while customers kept coming in.





At long last we finished. Another half hour waiting in line at the cashier. And goodness, I got caught in a messy accident while standing my line. One of the staff carelessly dumped grocers on a cart and a cup of ice cream burst and spilled its contents. I was beside him that time and the ice cream splashed onto my jeans. I wanted to scream hell but I kept my cool. I just kept my “angry” silence while he helped me clean up my pants. LOL!

Well, I had a short computer game afterwards as part of a promo. I won some prize! A detergent bar, a sachet of dandruff shampoo, and a pack of noodles. What an amazing combination! LOL

Finally, after some long good hours at the mall, we finished our errands and head home.

It was some kind of exhausting but fun doing it. Got to do the shopping despite the difficulties and challenge of the time. As they always say, “Tuloy na tuloy pa rin ang Pasko” (The Christmas will continue).

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...