GENSANarium will be on hiatus for the next two years or so. For the mean time, posts subtitled as SIDE TRIPS will be featured which highlight other places and events in the Philippines. Enjoy! - Admin, 2/10/14

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Finally!




It has been months, more or less half a year ago, when I wrote my last blog. Let us just say I had a hiatus, not only from blogging, but as well as from online writing and my other online rackets. Being too busy and being distracted by online games are my reasons. And quite frankly, I’ve been missing those few dollars a month that I was earning. So lately, I regained my interest and slowly had my brain cells and wits kicking back again.
I really thought things would be easy until two weeks ago when I found out that my domain (for this site!) has been cancelled. Yup, I tried opening and re-opening Gensanarium.com but I continuously failed. I knew I fell short to renew the domain last January but I did not realize it was finally over the grace period. That instantly threw me into an unimaginable panic.

Instantly, I contacted Godaddy.com (my service provider), asking for assistance on this matter since I feared that my site’s domain had been deleted (OMG!). This was the first time that it happened to me. It was only the next day that I received their reply and fortunately, the site was not deleted. I may be passed the grace period but Godaddy gives another 30-day redemption period for such failure. Yehey!



However, my happiness was only short-lived since redeeming the site requires a certain redemption fee (as sort of penalty). To my utter surprise, the fee was extremely large, around five times the normal renewal fee. Adding all the fees (redemption plus renewal plus service charges) resulted to a sum beyond the limits of my VISA card. And capital W-T-F flashed neon lights in my busted head.

Oh my….. The site had been inaccessible for weeks and significant number of daily visits had been wasted. So immediately, I visited my bank and deposited sufficient fund for the amazing fees. Luckily, I finally renewed my domain and Gensanarium.com is back to business once again. I can now say a truly jubilant “Yehey!” On the sad note, my Page Rank has been reduced to 0 (from 2).


This experience has truly taught me a painful lesson about tardiness. Time is certainly gold and my failure to fulfill an obligation has done a good damage to my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...