GENSANarium will be on hiatus for the next two years or so. For the mean time, posts subtitled as SIDE TRIPS will be featured which highlight other places and events in the Philippines. Enjoy! - Admin, 2/10/14

Friday, May 4, 2012

What Does a PageRank of 2 Mean?


It was a big surprise for me! Last night when I opened my blog, I was instantly drawn to a new figure I saw. I kept blinking my eyes to make sure what I saw in my sidebar’s widget was true. But the number was really true. It was TWO!

Yes, finally my page rank has increased to two. It has taken me six months to achieve that. This blog was made November last year. After a month, it hit a page rank of 0, then a month more and it went up to 1. It took long for me to reach 2. But I am extremely glad. All my other blogs only have a PR of 1.

But what does a PR of 2 mean? And what is a page rank anyway? So I Googled for answers about my questions and here is what I found out.

I discovered no exact definition of Page Rank. But as I understand it, a Page Rank (or PR) is a measure of how popular or visible a website is to search engines and readers. It has a scale of 0 to 10, and the greater the number is, the better is the website.

Here is what Google has to say about it:


For Selfsagacity.com, the figures have the following implications:

0] You're not even listed on Google PageRank list.
1] Very poor, but hey - at least you are listed.
2] Poor, but you have potential to move up and it can be done.
3] Average. You have good information and most websites fall in this ball park.
4] Above average. You're sprinting away from the majority.
5] Good. Page Rank 5 will usually pop up on the first page of some searches.
6] Great. You've worked hard and have great information.
7] You're hot and you're one of the top sites. Your peer is Zillow.
8] You’re super hot, and your peers are CNBC, EBay, Bing, American Idol.
9] Everyone wants you, you are like: Youtube, Yahoo, Facebook, Apple, Amazon.
10] Finally, the 10s: Google, CNN, usa.gov, and social bookmarking website AddThis.




Oh, I instantly became doubtful. LOL! A PR of 2 is not really good enough. But there is a promise – “you have potential”…. That boosted my spirits again.

For now, I will still continue to write more original contents. Would my blog really move up to PR of 3, only Google knows that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...